You may have noticed that it's been awhile since I have posted. Here is my excuse.. I've been working on THIS baby for awhile! I wanted to take my time with it, so it wouldn't stress me out, and so I could pay attention to detail. Well, I finally put the finishing touches on this morning, so I'm happy to announce, this bedding is DONE!
I did it a bit differently than I did Mary's crib bedding. The bumper I sewed, then stuffed like a pillow with normal "stuffing", then I tufted it in the middle to give it a more flat appearance. I used ribbons to tuft it.
The crib skirt I scallopped at the edges of the tan. I have a scallopping option on my sewing machiene, so I used it along the edge, then cut in a scallopped shape around it.
The blanket is pretty self-explanitory, but I did reinforce the smaller squares by sewing over the top edges as well, before attaching to other side and batting.
All of the measurements are the same as the bedding for Mary.
This was a lot more fun to do because I was not rushing myself, and probably because I was more familiar with what I was doing. I have been in full force re-doing Sienna's room, so stay tuned for other projects that I am doing for it.
The Skirt with scallop detail... I'm obSESSED with scalloping!