Projects on My Plate

  • Veda's Birthday Party
  • Sienna's Birthday Party
  • Sienna's Pencil Skirt
  • Pencil Skirt
  • Wardrobe re-do
  • Floral Skirt for Mommy
  • Breck's Bedding
  • Sienna and Veda's Bedding
  • Apron

Friday, May 7, 2010

Living Room Afghan

Oh boy, oh boy, did I forget how much yarn an afghan takes to make! I started out with 4 skeins, (not to mention they were the small, half-sized skeins), and barely got a thick scarf! So after many more trips to the craft store for yarn, I finally finished this baby. I used the shell stitch, which I am rather fond of. I originally wanted to tie tassels to the ends, and then unravel them so they frayed, but with the type of yarn I used, it didn't look quite right, so I finished it off with a scalloped edge. (Surprised?) I tossed it over the arm of the couch, and what do ya know? It's a keeper!



By the way, I plan on posting the pattern to this...I just need to finish writing it out, so expect it sometime next week.

Love,

6 comments:

makeupthoughts said...

Hi

Following you back from makeupthoughts.blogspot.com ...thanks for stopping by my blog...

Regards,
dee

Java said...

Happy Follow Friday! Newest follower here!
Great blog you have hear!
Would love it if you could follow me back!

Never Growing Old

Have a great weekend!

Brianna! said...

I ADORE afghans
I don't know exactly what it is that I love about them so much.

xoxo
bB

p.s. ADORABLE BLOG!
andddd I am in L-o-v-e with the name Sienna.

ddh said...

I KEEP COMING BACK TO THIS AFGHAN....IT'S LOVELY! YOU SAID YOU KEPT RUNNING BACK FOR MORE YARN; DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY SKEINS YOU ENDED UP USING? DO YOU USE THE SAME SHELL STITCHES IN THE AFGHAN FOR AROUND THE EDGES??? THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.
DONNA HALE
MACON,GEORGIA

Care said...

What is the multiple of this pattern? Thanks for any assistance.

new to baking breads said...

I love the look of this Afghan. Can you show the pattern and let us know how many skeins of yarn needed? Thanks

Blog Widget by LinkWithin