Projects on My Plate

  • Veda's Birthday Party
  • Sienna's Birthday Party
  • Sienna's Pencil Skirt
  • Pencil Skirt
  • Wardrobe re-do
  • Floral Skirt for Mommy
  • Breck's Bedding
  • Sienna and Veda's Bedding
  • Apron

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Kreative Blogger Award


The Rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Blogger.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.

Thanks to Suzi from "Suzi Homemaker" for this lovely award!

Okay, for the 7 things... I'm not very interesting, so this should be... uh, interesting...?

1. I'm on an anti-hair dye spree. I'll likely start dying again at some point, but for now I'm determined to have my natural hair color (and not DYED to my natural color) the only color on my head, for the first time since 6th grade. Which means right now I'm a half-head, with roots down below my eye-balls, but hey, I read an article about celebs purposly getting their hair dyed with roots... so I write it off like I'm just REALLY in style! Seriously though, I'm lately all for anything natural looking.

2. I can get my 1 year-old daughter's hair into a messy bun with no clips! She's amazing.

3. I'm crazy about food!!! It's no wonder I am going into nutrtion! Nothing makes me more mad than diets! (And by diets I mean fad diets, or celebrity diets, not the sort of diet , or meal-plan a doctor puts you on because of a health issue) Food is NOT an enemy! Food is our firend, and can do marvelous and amazing things if we know how to use it properly. Too much of ANYTHING is bad, so of course over-indulgence on certain types of foods can have a negative effect, but when we know how to use different foods in the right portions, they can strengthen us, give us more energy, keep us from getting sick, and even in some cases, fight diseases! Food is so amazing, and I love learning about it so much!

4. I had serious pride issues when learning how to knit. I had crocheted for 8 years, so going again through the process of uneven rows, loose stitches, dropped stitches, added stitches, etc. really threw me for one. I'm just not used to not knowing what I'm doing when it comes to yarn crafts, so I had some major pride issues to get over. Luckily, I overcame, and I'm now secure in my sloppy knitting!

5. I still get so giggly everytime one of my kids toots.

6. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to read!!!! I go through cycles of the kind of stuff I like to read. I love reading religious and political non-fiction, religious fiction, historical fiction, and romantic ficiton (not the trashy romance novels though). Thanks to my mother-in-law, I am currently on a Jane Austen spree, which I can't seem to get enough of! I'm such a library junkie!

7. I've seriously had Breck's 3rd birthday party planned since before his 2nd birthday party. I know. I'm insane.


And now for the nominees:

(I don't know too many creative people who have blogs for their crafts AND who haven't already recieved this award, so I will probably nominate people who don't have craft blogs, and maybe some who don't even have any blog!)

1. Chelsea Peterson from Chelsea's Crafts

2. Lindy Walker and Alise Wrigley from Lindy Lou and Baby Too!

3. Alyssa Stevens, she doesn't have a craft blog, and her regular blog is private, but let me tell you, she makes amazing bows!!!

4. My Sisters-inLaw, Shasta Baisden, and Shawnte' Morton. They don't have craft blogs at all, but if they did, you'd be blown away at their amazing skills!

5. My Mother-in-law Sherry is an amazing seemstress. She made her own wedding dress, not to mention tons of dresses, diaper bags, etc. for all of us, our weddings, and babies!

6. Erika Allred at Red's Vinyl Lettering. She makes some awesome decorations with her vinyl lettering!

7.Okay, I'm actually going to just tell you to visit the blogs of anyone in my ward in Moscow, which you can find by going onto my family's blog and clicking under any of the "moscow Friends" because they are ALL so creative, and they all SHOULD have blogs for the stuff they make!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin